Love pizza but do not want to wait for it to rise? use this no yeast pizza dough for a quick treat!
This quick no yeast pizza dough is perfect when you want pizza in less than half an hour. You only need these 5 ingredients: flour, water, baking powder, oil and salt.
Ready in no time! You don’t even need an oven to cook it. Just use a non stick pan and it’s done. This no yeast pizza crust is perfect if you stuff it with ham and cheese, mozzarella, stir fried artichokes or leafy greens. You can use all sorts of toppings: grilled or boiled vegetables, spices, and also leftovers.
You can lay the flattened dough on a baking tray, cover it with tomato sauce and mozzarella, put it in the oven at 250° for 5 to 8 minutes and you will get a crispy pizza.
No yeast pizza dough: gluten free and other variation
Since you won’t have to go through the leavening process, you can substitute the flour with your favorite gluten-free mix to make the perfect gluten free quick pizza. This variation for a gluten free no yeast pizza is perfect for those who suffer from celiac disease or simply for people who want to limit their gluten intake and still enjoy a treat. The use of baking powder makes it fluffy on the inside and crispy on the outside.
You can also choose to skip the baking powder, especially if you want to make the stuffed version, it will stil be fluffy but without the baking soda.
Many use baking soda instead of baking powder, but I would stick with baking powder. When cooked baking soda becomes more alkaline and changes a lot the taste of the dough.
Want to add more protein?
To get a super protein-packed no yeast pizza dough you can use 80gr of chickpea flour or soybean flour and 200gr of whole wheat. This way your pizza will be rich in protein and fibers.
No yeast pizza dough: Ingredients for 2 pizzas
- 280gr whole wheat flour (if using all purpose add about 30/40gr more) + 50gr to dust the board
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- water (about 1 cup)
FOR THE FILLING/TOPPING
ham, mozzarella, cheese, grilled vegetables, stir fry spinach and anything else you can imagine 🙂
Put the flour in a bowl and add the salt. Mix well then add the oil. Add the water a little at a time, mixing the dough with a fork until it gathers evenly. The amount of water depends on many factors such as the humidity in the room, the type of flour, and so on. That’s why it’s better to pour it in two or three times. If your dough becomes too moist, add some more flour, if it’s too dry add a teaspoon of water.
When the dough stops sticking to the bowl, put it on a board and knead it with your hands. You will reach the right consistency when the dough is very elastic but soft (it will take a couple of minutes)
Stuffed no yeast pizza
- Divide the dough into 8 pieces and shape them into balls. Let them sit for 5 minutes. Flatten the balls with a rolling pin using plenty of flour on the surface so it won’t stick to it.
- Place the stuffing on one and cover it with another disc. Attach the two discs of dough with a fork or pushing it with your fingers.
- Heat a non stick pan on the stove and lay one stuffed pizza on it when it’s very hot. Let it cook for a couple of minutes and then turn it over.
- When the surface is golden brown, remove it from the pan and place it on a plate. Cook the remaining pizzas and serve hot, so the cheese inside will melt as you cut each piece.
No yeast Pizza crust
- Preheat the oven to the maximum temperature.
- Divide the dough into 2/3 balls, flatten them with a rolling pin, put it on to a baking tray and top with your favorite topping.
- Cook until the cheese has melted or the sides are light golden brown.
TRICK: don’t want to use the oven or do not have one? put the pizza crust onto a hot non stick pan, cover with a lid and cook until golden brown on the bottom. If can broil the surface is you have a broiler, to get a crispy top.